Ferrets' blog

A blog with news about my ferrets: Tata, Izzie and Liira. There will also be reminiscense about Tenchi, Adric, Ker Avon, Ryo-Ohki, Nyssa, Lady Ayeka, Romana, Pertwee, Podo, Kodo, Ella, Zephyr and Chin Soon, all of whom are gone now.

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Wisconsin Weasel Report for 12/29/2005

Chin Soon managed to defeat my barrier and get into the kitchen. I'll have to have a creative new barrier tomorrow for playtime. She's clearly taken lessons is escapology from Romana while I wasn't looking. Now that Romana is gone Chin Soon is clearly going to take over giving me a fright by showing up in seemingly impossible places. Thankfully she came out from behind the refrigerator on her own. Eight years of experience has taught me that ferret proofing never ends and nothing is ever really ferret proof.

Nyssa continues to do surprisingly well. She has good times and bad but tonight she was active and seemed to be in better spirits. After a day with tummy problems (lymphoma in her GI tract is getting worse) she managed to go to the litter pan normally and collect a treat. Climbing into the litter pan is sometimes tough for her nowadays but not tonight. This probably sounds trivial but having her in good spirits, playful, and affectionate is a wonderful thing to come home to after a rough day. She's also a well trained weasel and knows that going to the litter pan is the right thing. Some of my other ferrets who had problems at the end of their life and were visibly upset when they missed. Nyssa isn't that bad but she clearly is happier when she can do for herself the way she wants to.

Zephyr and Ella are both people ferrets and little attention hounds. Thankfully I seem to be able to give them enough individual attention lately to keep them happy. Zephyr is definitely giving me kisses more to show how much she appreciates. That or she wants another treat. Probably both.

All in all the ferrets seem to be at home in my new place. I wish I felt the same way...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home