Ferrets' blog

A blog with news about my ferrets: Tata, Izzie and Liira. There will also be reminiscense about Tenchi, Adric, Ker Avon, Ryo-Ohki, Nyssa, Lady Ayeka, Romana, Pertwee, Podo, Kodo, Ella, Zephyr and Chin Soon, all of whom are gone now.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

The Day After

I received lots of sympathy notes about Romana. They were all very well intentioned. Each one made me a bit more depressed. I can't believe she's gone. It was all so sudden. If it had been Nyssa, well... yes, I'd have cried and been quite upset about it, but with Nyssa it would have been expected. Instead Nyssa is the last of my original business from 1998 left standing. Who would have guessed that my sickly one would still be here and my perpetually healthy little girl would be gone?

It sounds like Nyssa is depressed too. She and Chin Soon were both upset last night when they saw and sniffed Romana's body. Today Nyssa didn't run or play at all. The only hope for Nyssa getting through this OK is that she and Chin Soon have been becoming pretty bonded to one another. Chin Soon may just help the ferret she used to be terrified of get over her loss.

I've been working on the ferrets' web page (link at right), as in adding pictures and updating text. The memorial page, the parts for Podo and Kodo, still need to be finished. Ella and Zephyr's pages are still incomplete. I need to add new photos to Chin Soon's page. Nyssa's page and the front page are done. Romana's memorial is there.

This all stinks. The one thing that will cheer me up is getting the four remaining ferrets back in my life full time. That should happen very soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home