Ferrets' blog

A blog with news about my ferrets: Tata, Izzie and Liira. There will also be reminiscense about Tenchi, Adric, Ker Avon, Ryo-Ohki, Nyssa, Lady Ayeka, Romana, Pertwee, Podo, Kodo, Ella, Zephyr and Chin Soon, all of whom are gone now.

Monday, November 14, 2005

Still Very Worried About Romana

Romana is alert and stable. She was force fed duck soup by the vet last night and was given fluids. She still has diarrhea but can go to the litter pan regularly. The emergency vet didn't feel that she's in immediate danger or that surgery today was a must. As a result she'll be at Jordan Lake Animal Hospital 7:30 tomorrow morning.

Earlier today Romana didn't want food or treats but would take water willingly. Now she doesn't want water, either. She's with the other ferrets and mostly just wants to sleep. Needless to say I am worried sick about my littlest ferret.

I hate force feeding an animal and consider it pretty much torture but... just to get her to the point where Romana could see Dr. Weston and be strong enough for surgery I did consent to it today. It will come to a stop tomorrow one way or another.

I expect Romana will end up having exploratory surgery tomorrow but I won't know that for sure until Dr. Weston sees her. I hardly slept last night and somehow I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight either. I just hope that Dr. Weston can find something she can treat tomorrow and that Romana has a chance to recover.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home