Ferrets' blog

A blog with news about my ferrets: Tata, Izzie and Liira. There will also be reminiscense about Tenchi, Adric, Ker Avon, Ryo-Ohki, Nyssa, Lady Ayeka, Romana, Pertwee, Podo, Kodo, Ella, Zephyr and Chin Soon, all of whom are gone now.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Spending More Time With the Little Weasels

Last week and this week I had to leave the ferrets with Summer because of my ongoing travels. For example I have to fly to Green Bay, Wisconsin this evening. The ferrets can't come because I can't bring five on a plane. Besides, I don't think Nyssa would tolerate that sort of travel well. The good news is that current plans have me going back to North Carolina this weekend and bringing the ferrets home, this time hopefully for good. I'll probably be posting in my Entropy Blog about the changes in my work situation which should mean, with any luck, that I'll be back in a mostly non-travel position where I can be the full time caregiver for the little weasels.

Yes, the ferrets were part of the reason for this. I miss them terribly every time I leave them. I also feel guilty about leaving them, especially Nyssa right now. This is true even though I know Summer loves them and gives them wonderful care. The ferrets have also always been my stress relief. No matter how lousy a day I've had, no matter how depressed I might feel, coming home and letting the ferrets out to play was always the cure. They would always do something so funny, so mischievous, or just be so lovable and affectionate that I couldn't help but smile, laugh, and just plain feel better. Without the ferrets I don't cope quite so well with the stresses of my work or of life in general. If I get depressed I stay depressed. That had to change.

So... yes the ferrets are coming home. I can't wait.

I'll post about the vet visit next. I promise :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home