Ferrets' blog

A blog with news about my ferrets: Tata, Izzie and Liira. There will also be reminiscense about Tenchi, Adric, Ker Avon, Ryo-Ohki, Nyssa, Lady Ayeka, Romana, Pertwee, Podo, Kodo, Ella, Zephyr and Chin Soon, all of whom are gone now.

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Last Sunday: Nyssa and Trust

Last Sunday night Nyssa was really active again. I don't know if it was just that I was there for her or still something leftover from her chance to go someplace different on Saturday, but she was alert, explored everywhere and anywhere she could, and made sure to relocate and check on her beloved stuffed doggie she's had since she was a kit.

When Nyssa, who has always been quite independent and never cuddly, decided she wanted to be picked up I, of course, picked her up. She settled on my chest and shoulder and went to sleep. She's never done that before. I sat down and watched the news and was sure not to disturb her and gently stroked her back. It's the least I could do for Nyssa and she was obviously most comfortable with me that way. She rested there for about an hour.

Nyssa has always been very bonded to me. She clearly trusts me more than anyone else. I just hope I have some more time to show her how much I love her.

The bad news is that by Sunday Nyssa's diarrhea had returned and we are pretty sure it's her lymphoma invading her GI tract. Monday we made a vet appointment for her...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home