Ferrets' blog

A blog with news about my ferrets: Tata, Izzie and Liira. There will also be reminiscense about Tenchi, Adric, Ker Avon, Ryo-Ohki, Nyssa, Lady Ayeka, Romana, Pertwee, Podo, Kodo, Ella, Zephyr and Chin Soon, all of whom are gone now.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Nyssa's Latest Misfortune -- and a Cute Chin Soon Story

I ended up having to run Nyssa to a Veterinary Emergency Clinic here in Pittsburgh. When I let the ferrets out after work last night she had a nail caught in her hammock. I ran for the nail clipper but much to my shock she had freed herself -- by ripping her nail out. The entire quick was exposed and bleeding. She ran around as if nothing had happened.

The vet, Dr. Rexford, seemed very ferret knowledgeable. He told me animals in the last stages of cancer don't feel or show pain the same way as other animals. I guess that's a mercy. Anyway, it was disinfected and she's on antibiotics to prevent infection. If she lives long enough it will grow back. It looks absolutely horrible, though.

My other ferret story is a cute one. The other night I forgot to do a nose count and Chin Soon wasn't in the cage. I found out when I woke up. She was curled up with me in bed. Very sweet, but I'm sure glad I didn't roll over in my sleep and squash her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home