Ferrets' blog

A blog with news about my ferrets: Tata, Izzie and Liira. There will also be reminiscense about Tenchi, Adric, Ker Avon, Ryo-Ohki, Nyssa, Lady Ayeka, Romana, Pertwee, Podo, Kodo, Ella, Zephyr and Chin Soon, all of whom are gone now.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Romana's Revenge, Chin Soon May Need Surgery, and Nyssa's Amazing Recovery

Romana, bless her little weasel heart, made sure I didn't get much sleep last night. I forgot the Plexiglas I use to keep the ferrets out of the hotel room kitchen at home. Without that I had to cage the ferrets to keep them safe while I tried to sleep and I only have the little travel cages. Romana didn't like being cooped up in that at all and decided to spend two solid hours noisily working on getting the cage door open. I am going to Home Depot after work and getting a new piece of Plexiglas. That way she'll be able to run to her hearts content. Instead she'll likely sleep in her favorite blanket.

Nyssa was really full of it this morning. I even saw her little backwards war dance, something that I haven't seen literally in months. I don't know why or how but Nyssa has definitely been feeling better the last few days. I know there is no cure for lymphoma but I'm sure glad to have the old Nyssa around again.

The only bad news, and it IS bad, is that I think Chin Soon has adrenal disease. The hair loss on her tail is spreading upwards. That means an expensive surgery is in her immediate future. I am going to wait until she goes back to North Carolina in less than two weeks and have Dr. Weston take a good look at her. Of the 14 ferrets I've had over the years Chin Soon will be the tenth to have adrenal disease. Only Tenchi, Adric, Kodo, and Zephyr have been spared that experience. At least adrenal is almost always curable by surgery. Chin Soon is only two years old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home