Ferrets' blog

A blog with news about my ferrets: Tata, Izzie and Liira. There will also be reminiscense about Tenchi, Adric, Ker Avon, Ryo-Ohki, Nyssa, Lady Ayeka, Romana, Pertwee, Podo, Kodo, Ella, Zephyr and Chin Soon, all of whom are gone now.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Nyssa is just too stubborn to die

I now have multiple recommendations for two vets in Pittsburgh. Whatever happens I know Nyssa will receive excellent care. I had completely forgotten that a family who was active in TriFL and had helped hugely when I was organizing the Education Days had moved to Pittsburgh. I talked to Pam for about an hour last night and we'll get together soon and do a combined ferret playtime which should be lots of fun.

Nyssa is just plain too stubborn to die, at least just yet. She had a better night last night. She ran for about 15 minutes and looked much stronger. Zephyr noticed it too and pounced her. Nyssa, still our alpha despite everything, took about 15 seconds to send Zephyr running and then went to eat as if nothing had happened. She also looked much improved this morning. Every time either I or her vets think we're out of time Nyssa surprises us by bouncing back. I know this can't go on forever (or probably much longer) but I'm grateful for whatever I can get.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home