Ferrets' blog

A blog with news about my ferrets: Tata, Izzie and Liira. There will also be reminiscense about Tenchi, Adric, Ker Avon, Ryo-Ohki, Nyssa, Lady Ayeka, Romana, Pertwee, Podo, Kodo, Ella, Zephyr and Chin Soon, all of whom are gone now.

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Goodbye Lady Ayeka (1998-2005)



Monday night at the end of ferret playtime the last one awake and running around was Lady Ayeka. I knew she wasn't feeling well last night and didn't want to eat but she still did her usual play. I got her to the vet on Tuesday afternoon.

There was no talk of saying goodbye, rather changing meds to get her diarrhea back under control and the same injections Nyssa got to stimulate her appetite. Lady Ayeka fought those injections with lots of energy and strength. She went in the carrier with Nyssa for the ride home.

When I brought them in Nyssa wanted out of the carrier something fierce. A minute later I knew why. Ayeka's body was already cooler than it should be. She had passed away asleep in the hammock on the way home.

I was in shock. I knew the lymphoma would take her life eventually. I didn't expect it to be now, so suddenly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home