Ferrets' blog

A blog with news about my ferrets: Tata, Izzie and Liira. There will also be reminiscense about Tenchi, Adric, Ker Avon, Ryo-Ohki, Nyssa, Lady Ayeka, Romana, Pertwee, Podo, Kodo, Ella, Zephyr and Chin Soon, all of whom are gone now.

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Better news, but still worried about Ayeka

Well... the ferrets are here with me now. I moved into a really nice place in the Mt. Adams neighborhood of Cincinnati. My ex-roommate helped me move and the ferrets came up to stay.

Nyssa is holding her own beautifully. She can still see. Nyssa was always really bonded to me and she is much more active here than in NC without me around. I think she was actually depressed about my not being there. Oh, she still has lymphoma, but the pediapred has brought down her once swollen lymph nodes. She has less stamina that she used to but otherwise is her old self.

Lady Ayeka is also holding her own but I am a bit concerned about her right now. Her diarrhea is chronic again, a result of her lymphoma which is in her GI tract. I'm going to make an appointmnet with a new vet (for us) to see if a change in meds can at least control her symptoms. Mostly she still has a good quality of life. She loves having stairs to run up and down as does Chin Soon. It's something we didn't have in NC.

It's hard to believe but Nyssa and Ayeka will be seven this spring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home