Ferrets' blog

A blog with news about my ferrets: Tata, Izzie and Liira. There will also be reminiscense about Tenchi, Adric, Ker Avon, Ryo-Ohki, Nyssa, Lady Ayeka, Romana, Pertwee, Podo, Kodo, Ella, Zephyr and Chin Soon, all of whom are gone now.

Sunday, October 17, 2004

The Ferrets Have More Energy Than I Do Right Now

I was involved in a serious accident late last week. The ferrets weren't with me at the time so they are fine. I've got a couple of cracked ribs and lots of bruises. The net result is that my interaction with the little weasels has been limited and my housemate has been handling playtime. I hate this. Chin Soon kept running up to me looking to play and I just couldn't give her the level of attention and the wild play she loves.

I also can't climb over the plexiglass barriers we use to keep the ferrets out of certain parts of the house. I move the barrier and get around it. Unfortunately for me last night I accidentally knocked down the barrier in the process and little Romana and Chin Soon made a mad dash to get passed. I caught Romana but Chin Soon led me on a merry chase that ended up being quite painful for me. At least she enjoyed it.

On a brighter note Lady Ayeka's last vet visit went very well indeed. Dr. Dan is thrilled with how well she is doing at this point despite lymphoma. She, unlike the other five ferrets we've lost to this terrible disease, is holding her own very nicely and remains as playful and active as ever. Hopefully the disease will progress very slowly in her. She's a great little ferret and I'd love it if she's still here and happy for a good long while.

Romana also went to the vet for her annual checkup and her distemper vaccination. She got another clean bill of health and didn't have any adverse reaction to the shot. All in all it was a very good vet visit.

Now all we need is for Nyssa and Chin Soon to get to like each other and play nicely together. I'm not holding my breath. At least they mostly tolerate each other now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home