Ferrets' blog

A blog with news about my ferrets: Tata, Izzie and Liira. There will also be reminiscense about Tenchi, Adric, Ker Avon, Ryo-Ohki, Nyssa, Lady Ayeka, Romana, Pertwee, Podo, Kodo, Ella, Zephyr and Chin Soon, all of whom are gone now.

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Ella and Zephyr and an Ayeka update

Two new ferrets, Ella and Zephyr, will be joining my fantastic four in February. This pair belonged to Celia Wright, a wonderful, caring ferret owner who passed away early this year. She was a member of TriFL which is how I met her when I lived in North Carolina. I remember talking to her a year and a half or so ago about her ferret D'Weizel who was 10 years old at the time and had multiple health problems. She was still looking for ways to keep the little one happy.

Anyway, Ella and Zephie were her last two ferrets, both around two years old. One of them was found as a stray. They are both gorgeous and I am thrilled to be able to give them a great home. Chin Soon needs younger, more active playmates and I hope she'll get along with them.

Lady Ayeka's diarrhea has become chronic again. The night before last she cried when putting out awful, near-liquid poop. It was the first sign I had seen since she came to Cincinnati that she was having any pain. This morning there was a tiny spot of frank blood in her poop, probably from her oh-so-irritated rear. I made a Monday morning vet appointment. I just hope we don't end up with an emergency before then.

Ayeka was incredibly playful last night and she gave little Chin Soon a good thrashing in a wrestling match. Her stamina was as good as it's been lately with a solid hour and a half of play. So long as she seems to be happy I will keep looking for symptomatic relief for her. I don't think she's going anywhere anytime soon. At least I hope not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home