Ferrets' blog

A blog with news about my ferrets: Tata, Izzie and Liira. There will also be reminiscense about Tenchi, Adric, Ker Avon, Ryo-Ohki, Nyssa, Lady Ayeka, Romana, Pertwee, Podo, Kodo, Ella, Zephyr and Chin Soon, all of whom are gone now.

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Bath Night and Departure Day

I got home with the ferrets Friday night and Summer had just arrived and was waiting for me. It was late so we just got them situated in the big cage. Last night was bath night. The little weasels were smelly and definitely due. It had probably been two months since their last bath, which for ferrets is a pretty decent amount of time. Too many baths and you dry out their skin. Then they produce more oils and smell more. Six to eight weeks seems to be ideal.

As always the ferrets protested being wet mightily and were all stressed out and hyper as they dried themselves. As always their coats looked absolutely beautiful when all was done. Even Nyssa, with her thin hair, looks much, much better.

Nyssa had a good weekend. Between coming home, seeing Summer again, and, of course, the bath, she was stimulated and more active. She's horribly skinny and emaciated despite a voracious appetite. That's the cancer that is slowly killing her. Still, with a fluffy coat and some attitude she definitely seemed happier and more her old self.

Today was terribly depressing. I have to beginning traveling by air for work again starting tomorrow and can't have the ferrets with me. Summer took them back to North Carolina. I miss them already. At least I had six good weeks with them.

Tomorrow Chin Soon, Romana, and Nyssa go to see Dr. Holly Weston, their regular vet down in North Carolina. I'll wait to write about it until I know what Dr. Weston thinks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home