Ferrets' blog

A blog with news about my ferrets: Tata, Izzie and Liira. There will also be reminiscense about Tenchi, Adric, Ker Avon, Ryo-Ohki, Nyssa, Lady Ayeka, Romana, Pertwee, Podo, Kodo, Ella, Zephyr and Chin Soon, all of whom are gone now.

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Update on the Fearsome Foursome (especially Nyssa)

Nyssa has been more active the last couple of nights. She actually had a good night, as in almost her old self, on Saturday. Still, her overall activity level is much lower and she is due for another depo medrol shot, so she goes to the vet on Tuesday afternoon. This should hopefully get her through much of the winter and by then I'll have a new vet in Wisconsin, I hope.

Chin Soon has been curling up and sleeping with Nyssa. It's wonderful how she's bonded with the ferret who she once was so afraid of. I think Chin Soon is the main reason Nyssa has kept going after the loss of Romana. All the ferrets Nyssa was with for the first six years of her life are gone now. Chin Soon has been around for a year and a half. Nyssa always takes a long time to accept a newcomer and even longer to really bond to one. I'm glad she had enough time with Chin Soon. There are also signs that she's getting closer to Ella.

The three younger ones (Ella, Zephyr, and Chin Soon) are all active, bouncy, and just fine. It seems the little adrenal scares with Ella and Chin Soon were false alarms, much like I saw with Adric. Both have full winter coats.

I'm counting the days until I have ferrets in my life full time again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home