Ferrets' blog

A blog with news about my ferrets: Tata, Izzie and Liira. There will also be reminiscense about Tenchi, Adric, Ker Avon, Ryo-Ohki, Nyssa, Lady Ayeka, Romana, Pertwee, Podo, Kodo, Ella, Zephyr and Chin Soon, all of whom are gone now.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

From Ella Bear To Barely Ella

It's springtime and summer is rapidly approaching. Most ferrets put on weight for winter and lose weight for summer. Ella does this in rather dramatic style.  In the winter she looks like a miniature version of my Kodo, who was my "Big Bear", weighing in at over two kilos (around 4½ lbs.) in the winter.  Now she's a thin, sleek little weasel. Oh, she's healthy, happy, playful and bouncy. She looks great. She did the same last year so I'm not worried at all. It's just a big change.

Yes, I know I owe everyone new pictures. I promise to take some and post them soon, including one or two of the lightweight summertime version of Ella.

Nyssa is still here but she's struggling at times. Her tummy troubles are nearly constant now and her rear legs are so weak she falls in her own mess a lot. I clean her up regularly and she hates that. I also wash ferret bedding every day. Despite that Nyssa remains active, likes to be held, eats like a horse, and generally shows no sign of giving up just yet. Last night Zephyr tried to wrestle with her and Nyssa attacked back, a very good sign.

Chin Soon remains my lovable little monster and is just fine.

Technorati Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home