Ferrets' blog

A blog with news about my ferrets: Tata, Izzie and Liira. There will also be reminiscense about Tenchi, Adric, Ker Avon, Ryo-Ohki, Nyssa, Lady Ayeka, Romana, Pertwee, Podo, Kodo, Ella, Zephyr and Chin Soon, all of whom are gone now.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

The Queen In Her Castle (Another Nyssa Update)

Nyssa has started climbing to the top of the cage most of the time to sleep again. There is a hanging sleep sack in the shape of a castle that came with Podo and Kodo when I adopted them. Nyssa has claimed it as her own, though other ferrets are certainly welcome to curl up with her. A couple of times I've seen Nyssa just poke her head out a little bit to take in the world. If she sees me and I say "gravy" she jumps right out. I'll have to try and capture a picture of the queen in her castle :)

Nyssa had a very mixed night last night. The first thing I saw was that she had horrible yellow diarrhea. I have increased her medication for her stomach again to combat that. She still had diarrhea overnight but the color is back to normal. If she isn't doing better by tonight I'll go back to the level she was at before Bob Church's Chicken Gravy became the main thing in her diet.

Anyway, Nyssa ate her gravy as always and then ran around exploring. She also wanted to be picked up and carried around some. It was a good little run for her. Later on Ella, Zephyr, and Chin Soon were all asleep in the top hammock in the cage and I decided to put Nyssa in the hammock, close the cage, and call it a night. I heard Nyssa moaning. She did that a few times so I got some torbugesic (pain killer) for her after moving her to the middle hammock by herself under an old sweater of mine to keep her warm. She woke up and was looking at me so I gave her some gravy which she ate ravenously.

With torb and gravy in her system Nyssa felt much better and wanted to play so I opened up the cage again. Nyssa was full of it. She checked on her doggie, stole some toys from Chin Soon, and generally was more alive than she'd been in a while. She also had another chance to be carried around. It's just a pity it took torb to do that. Anyway, it was the first greater than 30 minute run and play for Nyssa in some time. That was definitely worth staying up for.

This morning Nyssa was the queen in her castle again when I came out. When she saw me she came out straight away to tell me she wanted gravy, which she ate in her usual enthusiastic way.

Technorati Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home