Ferrets' blog

A blog with news about my ferrets: Tata, Izzie and Liira. There will also be reminiscense about Tenchi, Adric, Ker Avon, Ryo-Ohki, Nyssa, Lady Ayeka, Romana, Pertwee, Podo, Kodo, Ella, Zephyr and Chin Soon, all of whom are gone now.

Friday, January 20, 2006

Nyssa Report (with Ella, Chin Soon, and Zephyr notes)

On Wednesday night Nyssa actually had a really good night. She ran twice, maybe 40 minutes in all, and was my puppy again except for a brief period when she put her doggie in the bag and took revenge on Chin Soon by stealing her toys from under the curio cabinet. She also is definitely running with Ella more and those two are cuddled up sleeping together a lot now. Nyssa and Zephyr mostly avoid each other. I haven't seen Zephyr try to pick on Nyssa again. Chin Soon does try to initiate play with Nyssa all the time when Nyssa feels good but does take no for an answer :)

Ella and Chin Soon were really wild that night. Zephyr didn't run quite as much but did have some very playful periods.

On Thursday morning while I was getting ready to leave (as in packing my lunch) I heard Nyssa crying. I picked her up and she stopped crying but was shivering in my arms. After a few minutes she wanted down and I figured she needed the litter pan. She did manage to get into the litter pan but going was obviously painful for her. After that Nyssa took her meds and Ferretone and Ferretvite gratefully. She seemed more comfortable when I left.

Nyssa was good last night and seemed alert this morning. She had two short runs yesterday evening (only about 20 minutes) and she definitely seems to be in permanent puppy mode now. Then the others get jealous. The good news is I can keep them together now without Nyssa having problems. The only possible exception, Zephyr, was more independent last night. She was also the last one standing, just the opposite from the previous night.

All in all I think Nyssa's time is short and her symptoms mimic Lady Ayeka's in the last weeks of Ayeka's life. (I know, I've thought Nyssa was in serious trouble several times before now and she's still here.) The good news is that the gravy did put some weight on her and she seems to be maintaining that weight now. I think the gravy may also account for her increased energy lately. Bob Church knows his stuff.

Technorati Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home