Ferrets' blog

A blog with news about my ferrets: Tata, Izzie and Liira. There will also be reminiscense about Tenchi, Adric, Ker Avon, Ryo-Ohki, Nyssa, Lady Ayeka, Romana, Pertwee, Podo, Kodo, Ella, Zephyr and Chin Soon, all of whom are gone now.

Friday, March 17, 2006

Nyssa's Best Night In a Long Time

Nyssa had her best night in ages last night, running for about 90 minutes. I got to watch her running through the tunnels, something she hasn't done in about two months. She was stealing toys from Chin Soon and even came to me and rolled over looking for a belly rub. Her tummy is usually tender and she hasn't wanted those in months. I was gentle and she seemed happy. It was like a trip back in time to when Nyssa was happy and healthy. I really treasured it.

Tonight, though, was not so good and I had to give her pain medication. He diarrhea was really terrible and she didn't eat quite as much gravy as usual. I did see her eating kibble, though, so I think she did eat until she was full. Still, I am seeing all the signs of running out of time with her.

With lymphoma there are always good days and bad. I'm just happy that Nyssa had one more really, really good day and that I have what I need to keep her comfy.

For those of you who haven't linked through to Nyssa's web page, here is a picture of what she looked like maybe seven years ago as a young, strong ferret:

Technorati Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home