Ferrets' blog

A blog with news about my ferrets: Tata, Izzie and Liira. There will also be reminiscense about Tenchi, Adric, Ker Avon, Ryo-Ohki, Nyssa, Lady Ayeka, Romana, Pertwee, Podo, Kodo, Ella, Zephyr and Chin Soon, all of whom are gone now.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Zephyr the Tunnel Weasel

One of the first toys we bought for Tenchi back in the spring of 1998 was a Super Pet Fun-nel Ferret Playground. It was the old version with the tubes that didn't bubble out. It was an immediate hit and the set got expanded to include just about every accessory and tube and ball Super Pets makes. All four of my current ferrets still love the tubes and tunnels. Zephyr is my ultimate tunnel ferret. She loves the things and if I rearrange them regularly that means plenty of energy and play for her.

Pertwee was the first ferret I had that loved to interact with me through the tunnels. He'd be inside scratching at the tunnel walls and I was expected to scratch back. He'd stick his little nose through the holes and I was supposed to stick my finger in. He'd then gently nip at my finger and try to get me to follow him to a different hole. Zephyr loves the same games and she's the only other ferret I've had who plays them with me. She also likes to wrestle and chase with the other ferrets in the tunnels and likes me to lift up or rough up the soft, flexible tunnels when she's in them. It's all great fun for her.

On a slightly less happy Zephyr note she's had an upset tummy since at least yesterday. If it isn't better by tonight I'll have to call for a vet appointment. Nyssa hasn't been to the vet in over two months and she really needs to go back too. Nyssa is needing her pain meds more frequently and I need to discuss how to go forward with pain management for her as things get worse with Dr. Wolfe. Nyssa also needs a new prescription for prednisolone soon. She's out of refills. I don't think either Dr. Wolfe or Dr. Weston before that thought Nyssa would need more. The good news is that she is still here and she does.

Last night after four hours of play Zephyr and Chin Soon still were ready for more. I wasn't. I was worn out. That's what life with high energy ferrets, my little wired weasels, is like.

Technorati Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home