Ferrets' blog

A blog with news about my ferrets: Tata, Izzie and Liira. There will also be reminiscense about Tenchi, Adric, Ker Avon, Ryo-Ohki, Nyssa, Lady Ayeka, Romana, Pertwee, Podo, Kodo, Ella, Zephyr and Chin Soon, all of whom are gone now.

Friday, June 30, 2006

Hard To Believe My Mom Sent This

My mom is starting to "get it" when it comes to pets. Both my brother and I are pet owners. My brother and his family have dogs and I, of course, have my ferrets. My mom started asking about Nyssa during her illness, which I appreciated. During her visit a few weeks ago was clearly uncomfortable with the little weasels who very much wanted to make friends and play with her.

My mom really surprised me when Nyssa had an accident on me. She actually helped with the other ferrets while I got Nyssa and myself cleaned up. She kept referring to Nyssa as "the little one" and was amazed how a ferret who looked so emaciated and "pitiful" managed to play and run around. My mom saw one of Nyssa's very last good, active periods. Since then she also asked about how Chin Soon, Ella, and Zephyr were taking Nyssa's passing and sounded sincerely concerned.

This next piece, which she saw and sent to me via e-mail, shows she really is starting to understand even if she doesn't appreciate animals herself. A few months ago I would never have believed my mom would have sent this:

To All Non-Pet Owners Who Visit & Like to Complain About Our Pets

  1. They live here. You don't.

  2. If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture. (That's why they call it "fur"niture.)

  3. I like my pets a lot better than I like most people.

  4. To you, it's an animal. To me, he/she is an adopted son/daughter who is short, hairy, walks on all fours and doesn't speak clearly.
When it comes to my ferrets all four of the above statements are definitely true.

Technorati Tags:

2 Comments:

At 8:05 AM, Blogger Summer said...

Wow, I never, ever would have imagined your mother sending such a thing.

Absolutely amazing.

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger yogaferret said...

I'm printing this out and posting it in my home. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home