Ferrets' blog

A blog with news about my ferrets: Tata, Izzie and Liira. There will also be reminiscense about Tenchi, Adric, Ker Avon, Ryo-Ohki, Nyssa, Lady Ayeka, Romana, Pertwee, Podo, Kodo, Ella, Zephyr and Chin Soon, all of whom are gone now.

Friday, June 23, 2006

Old Brown Ferret

The following are some changed and rearranged words to Ian Anderson's song "Old Black Cat", lamenting the passing of his cat, Mauser. I don't have any songwriting ability but this piece is beautiful and with some new words I've adapted it for Nyssa. The song can be found on the album Rupi's Dance, which I highly recommend. My aplogies to Mr. Anderson if he doesn't like people mucking about with his lyrics. I just like the song and loved Nyssa.
My old brown ferret passed away last Wednesday
She never knew what a hard day was
Woke up late and war-danced with friends
If questioned "Why?" answered "Just Because"

She rarely spoke preferring silence
Eight lost years was all she had
Occasionally sneaked some stolen treats
Sometimes was good, sometimes was bad

My old brown fert wasn't much of a looker
You could pass her by -- just a quiet shadow
Got pushed around by Tenchi and Ayeka
Didn't seem to mind much -- just the way life goes

Padded around in furry slippers
Wrestled with her ferret friends
She played it cool with burgundy-eyed innocence
Receiving gladly what the good Lord sends

Didn't give her a birthday present
Like a fleecy sleep sack nice and new
Thought she'd make it through the summer
I guess this song will have to do

My old brown fert...
Old brown ferret...



Technorati Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home